The Mailbeez Newsletter module represents a completely new approach to an integrated eCommerce newsletter module, offering store owners exciting Mailbeez enhancements, and the ability to create personalized, intelligent email campaigns right from the store admin area.
In combination with the Responsive Template Manager the Newsletter will get the ability to design and send responsive Emails, read more about Responsive Emails with MailBeez
Sending an email newsletter from a vanilla install of any OScommerce variant system is a very unappetizing task, which is why there has, in recent years, been a proliferation of 3rd party email newsletter subscribers who have provided the tools most merchants wished their eCommerce store could provide. However, with the introduction of the Mailbeez Newsletter module, store owners finally have the tools to create email campaigns from their admin areas; campaigns that lack nothing in comparison to the offerings of feature rich 3rd party systems.
As a seamless integrated module the MailBeez Newsletter Advanced Module has direct access to customers and their newsletter subscription setting. That allows your to e.g. send a newsletter campaign to all your subscribed customers without exporting or importing any data!
The process of creating and editing newsletter is very easy: the intuitive visual editor allows you to create professional newsletters, which will show up best possible across different email clients. In combination with the Responsive Template Manager (part of MailBeez Essentials Pack) you will also be able to create mobil-friendly responsive newsletters which will look great e.g. on your customers iPhone.
The powerful segmentation rules allow you to create a virtually endless number of targeted newsletter campaigns:
Last year's 1-time holiday shoppers
- segmentation: 1 purchase between 1st of october 2012 and 31st of december 2012
- coupon: 10% off, valid for 14 days
season newsletters to all customers
- pre-program your season newsletters
- no segementation
welcome newsletter series
- segmentation: customer since x days, but less than y day
product recall / warning email
- segmentation: customers, who purchased product x, regardless of their newsletter subscription status
Upsell / Cross-Sell
- segmentation: customers, who purchased product x, but not product y
- coupon: free shipping within 7 days.
- create, edit and delete lists for recipients
- unlimited number of lists
- segmentation of lists
- test of segmentation
- geographic: country, sate
- customer: gender, customer since min/max days, customer groups:r squires Customer Group-Filter
- products: max. number of orders, last order before / after date
- configure countries to ignore customer subscription status for
- create, edit and delete campaigns
- unlimited number of campaigns
- a campaign can hold unlimited number of newsletters
- assign default list for campaigns (can be overridden on newsletter level)
- active from / to date
- select list or you campaign default
- select coupon template
- utilising the MailBeez coupon engine
- create coupon templates utilising all available options
- automatically generated personalised coupons
- configure the length and number of days being valid
- flly integrated with MailBeez Analytics and Google Analytics
- analyse open, click, order
Newsletter can be sent either manually or automatically. With each run the sending process will send the number of emails you configured as "chunk size". So you need to run the sending process often enough until the complete list has been sent out.
Configuration example for automata sending:
Set up a cronjob (e.g. all 5 minutes), which exclusively will work on the newsletter modules::
wget -O - -q -t 1 <cronurl>&module=mb_newsletter
Simple throttling (additional module):
3600 Emails per hour
Per run the sending process will send out 100 Emails, approx. 1 per Second. The Cronjob starts the sending process every 5 minutes (12 times per hour), so it will send out 1200 Emails per hours.
Depending on your mailserver you can increase the throughput or you need to increase it.
Thanks to throttling and limiting the number of emails sent per run (chunk size) you can stay within the limits given by your hoster or email server. Also this helps to reduce the risk of getting a spam rating.
For best operations we recommend following modules, which will enhance the MailBeez platform. So all other MailBeez modules will be enhanced.
- Simple Throttling (part of MailBeez Essentials Pack)
- BounceHive Bounce Handling
- Customer Group-Filter
To create and send responsive Emails you need to install the Responsive Template Manager:
- additional Email-templates
- additional content templates
- Insert MailBeez Template-Tags with buttons (currently only firstname & lastname)
- automatically create product content blocks
- personalised contents
- Support for "prospect": Visitors can sign-up for the newsletter. Once they convert into a customer the system will recognise it. That allows to sent different newsletters to prospects and customers.
have some ideas?
Tell them! MailBeez is developed for merchants so your ideas, feedback and input is very important!